Check out Casco Bay CAN’s new 1-minute video, “Communities Talk” featuring Freeport Middle School students and Coalition members. Learn how you can support youth to make healthy decisions about underage drinking prevention.
“Youth who learn the risks of drugs and alcohol from their parents are up to 50% less likely to use.”
– Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
Parents are the single most powerful influence in a child’s life. By starting the conversation early with your child, and continuing the conversation through the teen years, you can help prevent alcohol and drug use.
Casco Bay CAN provides parents with the latest data, talking points, tips, training, and other free resources to help prevent alcohol and drug use. We also facilitate group meetings, including Table Talks, so parents can share information and support one another in their efforts to raise healthy children, free of drugs and alcohol.
Remember, you are not alone. MOST parents don’t approve of underage drinking and drug use.
Learn more by visiting our website here
Child Mind Institute’s What to Do (and Not Do) When Children Are Anxious
1. The goal isn’t to eliminate anxiety, but to help a child manage it
2. Don’t avoid things just because they make a child anxious
3. Express positive- but realistic- expectations
4. Respect their feelings, but don’t empower them
5. Don’t ask leading questions
6. Don’t reinforce the child’s fears
Learn more below!