Tip of the Week: Complex carbohydrates for pre-game fuel equals better performance.
Your body needs energy to perform at its best, and you get that energy from glycogen. Glycogen acts as your body’s fuel source and is found in complex carbohydrates. Eat foods that are rich in starch—potatoes, pasta and rice. It’s extremely important that your body has time to digest the food so eat three hours before you compete to avoid cramping and fatigue during the competition.
1. Increases the risk of depression and suicidal behavior
2. Impairs cognitive function
3. Disrupts the brain’s maturation process
4. Reduces blood flow to the brain
1. You are loved for who you are and who you will become
2. Your feelings help your parents and caregivers know what you need
3. There are different ways to express your feelings
4. Everyone is a learner and making mistakes is part of learning
5. Your parents and caregivers are trying to be the best parents they can be
Join Greely High School Administration and other parents next Monday from 6:30-7:30pm at Greely High School for a Parent Night. Choose from a variety of topics to attend!